Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#42140 01-20-2003 08:34 AM
OP Offline

Hi everyone, just wanted all to know that my dad passed over on Sept. 23, 2002. At that time, although I did not look in his mouth, we assertained that it had spread to his ear, could see the tumor there, and it would bleed on and off. The terrible thing now is my brother had discoved a throat cancer about the same time, and altough he is a smoker, they say that only about 5 in Wisc. get this particular cancer a year, and not from smoking. He is finishing radiaation this week, and I really need some support from all of you out there that this time we will beat this thing. They did a bone marrow test and that seemed to be o.k. You all were there for me before and it gave me so much, would someone let me know if they have ever heard of this, and how did yours turn out. We have had a devestating year, and 2003 just has to be better. Hugs to all of you--I send healing thoughts to all every day. Thanks for reading this. Daughter in Wis.

#42141 01-20-2003 11:13 AM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Daughter, you indeed have had quite a year! As difficult as losing your dad was, I am glad he did not have to suffer any longer. Please accept my sincere sympathy. He was very fortunate to have such a caring daughter.

About your brother, most of us have had SCC, or squamous cell carcinoma. If you will tell us what type he has, I am sure there will be some people here who can give you information.

Joanna

#42142 01-26-2003 08:47 AM
OP Offline

Hi, this is me again. My brother finished his radiation last week, and darned if I know what type it is. He was a painting contractor for many years and hardly ever used a mask for spraying. It is so hard to get him to talk about this, and all he will say is that is is from bacterial or something. In 3 weeks they will look down with a scope and find out how things are. Thank you for responding. Hugs and Kissses to all. What a wonderful thing to be able to corespond in this way. It does wonders for my spirit, and I think of all of you many times. All I could think of doing for my brother was to buy all the flavors of Haugen Dauz ice cream and balloons. Daughter and Sister too.

#42143 02-06-2003 11:51 AM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

hello I am new to this sight and have posted my story in the new section under 'does anyone know anything about jaw cancer' however I really felt I know what you are and have been going through and I am so sorry to hear about your father. I hope your brother will recover from his ordeal, it seems so unfair that they both have suffered at the hands of cancer. Whilst I can offer little advice, I just wanted to know my thoughts are with you, kind regards Su (daughter of Janet, who has jaw cancer)

#42144 02-24-2003 11:31 AM
OP Offline

Hi--I have not posted a message for a while. To get you up to speed, my brother finished his rad. and they (the doctors) say that there is still a white pimple sized bump that could be scarring from the rad. or still the evil cancer. He is scheduled for a CT on March 12, then maybe an opreation. This is so scary, and if anyone of you have had this experience, please share. Is it and Old Wive's Tale that once they operate, the cancer spreads? Here I am, I think an intelligent person, and a nurse told me this and now I am really nervous. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics