Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3842 09-29-2004 03:16 PM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Hot Diggity! It was a regular giggle fest. Like Bob, when I read posts now (mostly I read and have shied away from posting) I hear everyone's voice and see the twinkle in their eye. I can't even tell you how special ALL of you folks are, tender hearted warriors.

I just want to SQUEEZE everyone and listen, just listen. Listen to their stories, listen to their hopes, fears, dreams, successes...

Danny Boy (Marcee and kiddos) - you are bigger than life and so dear. My heart swells when I think of you.

Miss Rosie (and hubby) - your gentleness and kindness is astounding.

Brian (and Ingrid) - Thank you SO much for working hard (and supporting each other) to establish a safe place for people who experience "It". A place to cry, laugh, greave, sound-off... I can hardly wait to hear how things went in Washington!

Kim (and Dave) - I had such a lovely Saturday wandering and shopping and eating and - you both make such a difference in this awful fight. I'd love to read your disertations.

Gary (and Leah) - I wish we spent more time together. I'm still jealous that you had enough forethought to plan for Cirque de'Sole! You're both gentle spirits.

Lorie (and Don) - I'm SO glad I got to meet you, too. We didn't have much time to spend together either but you make my heart rejoice. Don, you and Ed have so much in common regarding your treatments.

Kris (and hubby - AKA Hugh Downs smile ) - Thank you for your kindess and company. You never seemed to be strangers and that's a gift. Thanks for being so warm.

Bob - BIG hugs to you for such a FINE job planning and "workin' it" with Mr. Imperial Palace. Gotta admit, just before we left for the airport I printed some stuff on the hotel and looked at Ed in horror (it was written prior to the remodel). It was just fine and dandy! I wish we could have met your other half and hopefully everything will work out well for our next jaunt. We missed her.

Mark - You, too are a gentle spirit (and quite chivalrous when Ed disappeared - under the guise that he was winnin' some dough, which by the way he's right - it did take me more to get $9 less than him). Get a more current picture of your kids, okay? Anxious to meet YOUR other half, too. There were some issues with Vegas. I just wanted to wrestle a few of those menthol smokers to the ground and take a puff... I resisted and am still smoke free... ARGH!

Judy - My fellow Michigander - er, goose! I'm excited to have the chance to meet you, too. I feel like a stooge - I don't remember your hubby. Please ask him to forgive me. Remind me. Was my iced tea so strong that it made me say/do silly things? :p

Sheldon - You are a hoot. That's a compliment. I so enjoyed chatting with you, too. Did anyone ever tell you you looked like Peter Boyle? So close to end of treatment and you look MARVELOUS! I hope you continue to thrive/heal so quickly.

Eileen (and Charlie) - I could just SQUEEZE you, too. Hope your very long trek home was not too tiring. I promise to work diligently to post more. I never really though about how tough it was for Charlie being all alone with out a support group when he was working hard to care for you and be strong. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. I hope we can find a prothedontist that will do such fine work for Ed.

To everyone else we met (through Danny's book) - it was heart warming to see you and your families. We all look forward to meeting you face to face, growing to love you more as we learn more, trust each more and support each other. We have to band together and encourage each other when fighting the battle called cancer.

God Bless you and thank you for what you give to me and off of us.

Susan (Uptown Girl)
(forgive any incoherent spelling errors or incomplete sentences - I hope you know what I mean in my heart)

Caregiver to Uptown/Ed, SCC Stage IV, Base of tongue - Completed Chemo (Cisplatnin/5FU) and 45 days' simultaneous Radiation 10/08/03
#3843 09-29-2004 06:43 PM
"OCF Down Under"
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"OCF Down Under"
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Wow, what wonderful photos. Thankyou for the link, Gary.

It is strange how close I feel to everyone when I see your pics. I've never seen so many people in one place with necks like mine!! wink

Glad you all had such a wonderful time together. Love from Helen

RHTonsil SCC Stage IV tx completed May 03
#3844 09-29-2004 07:28 PM
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline

Hi Everybody, glad everyone had a good time, I was actually kind of depressed driving down to my moms on Sunday, the whole get together was over and I was missing everyone already. This was a lot like going to a family reunion of a very close family and then having to leave everyone knowing you're not going to see them for a year.

I'll post my pics on Shutterfly also, then send the link out to all who were there. However, I'm still traveling and at this point I'm using a rather slow dial up connection so won't be able to post the pics until I get home next week.

Sorry about the misspell Eileen, dessert air affecting my brain I guess.

Love to all
Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.
#3845 09-30-2004 03:28 PM
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Kudos to Bob for doing such a great job of organizing the get-together. It was a real treat to get to know you and attach faces to names. I left feeling very thankful that I've fallen in with such a caring and loving group of people.
On the plane back to Vermont, I kept thinking of Will Roger's old line "Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."
I'm looking forward to the next time we get together and going target shooting with my gun buddies. - Sheldon

Dx 1/29/04, SCC, T2N0M0
Tx 2/12/04 Surgery, 4/15/04 66 Gy. radiation (36 sessions)
Dx 3/15/2016, SCC, pT1NX
Tx 3/29/16 Surgery
#3846 10-01-2004 04:41 AM

Helen!

Funny you should mention the neck thing. The first thing we would do when someone new walked in the door was compare neck scars!! Too funny wink I was really happy it stopped there and didn't go on to include tummy peg tube holes!! But who knows what they'll do next year! Be prepared cool Hope we see you all next year! - Love, Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)
#3847 10-04-2004 05:05 PM

Kris-
I giggle thinking about it. Does that mean we should consider a cruise? It wouldn't be so tabu (looking at tummies) because everyone wouldn't have to lift their shirts/dresses! smile

Susan

Caregiver to Uptown/Ed, SCC Stage IV, Base of tongue - Completed Chemo (Cisplatnin/5FU) and 45 days' simultaneous Radiation 10/08/03
#3848 10-05-2004 02:16 AM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hi all
Thanks so much for all the positive feed back over Vegas, thanks for the photos, it's great to have a 'face' for the names, it was so good to hear you all bubbling with love for each other. I will be there next year, god willing, will even cut back on the number of bottles of wine to save the pennies!!!!!
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen

SCC Base of tongue, (TISN0M0) laser surgery, 10/01 and 05/03 no clear margins. Radial free flap graft to tonsil pillar, partial glossectomy, left neck dissection 08/04
#3849 10-05-2004 01:31 PM

Cripes, save the bottles for us and host the next get together in the UK!

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.
#3850 10-06-2004 06:49 AM

Helen!
I'm game - lets head your way for the next reunion!!! More international that way! Then there's China, the Down Under, hummmm...we work this right we can make a world tour of it! laugh - Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)
#3851 10-06-2004 06:55 AM

Kris!
Great idea, great for down under, but do they do red wine in China :rolleyes: Helen

SCC Base of tongue, (TISN0M0) laser surgery, 10/01 and 05/03 no clear margins. Radial free flap graft to tonsil pillar, partial glossectomy, left neck dissection 08/04
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics