Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36891 08-24-2003 01:08 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline

Don't seem to have much patiance for waiting to heal. Feel up and lively in the morning and get real bored and tired in the pm. Don't feel like reading or watching tv. I admire all who have completed this journey. Feel like taking the roxicet and adivan and sleeping. Will be home alone all day this week and not looking forward to it. This must be depression. Don't start the rad for another three weeks. What can one do while waiting to heal?

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
#36892 08-24-2003 03:45 PM
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Dear Daniel,

Just take the warmth in knowing that you are not alone......ever. We, on the board, understand exactly what you are going through. I know TV, and reading etc. get old, but look inside yourself and see if there is anything that you haven't done that might help. Yeah right.....I sould like a therapist, right? Annnnnkkkkkk! wrong. I'm just like you. Yes, I'm the caregiver but, sometimes the hours between feedings, dressings, whatever, can feel so long. But look inside.....find that part of you that always wanted to try something different. It doesn't matter in the least what it is. Only that it gets you motivated.

If that speech didn't encourage you, (like myself), please talk to your doctor. I'm not sure if you are an advocate of drug therapy, but there are many that can help once the feelings that you have described become unbearable.

Myself....I take Zoloft and it has made such a difference. It doesn't knock you out, or give you a false positve look on life. It only.....like I told a girlfriend.....It makes you feel like you have all your marbles back in the circle. Remember when we were kids? Now, instead of fighting each marble that falls out of the chalk mark, I can step back, and scoop it back in. My attention is not as directed.

I hope I've helped. If you ever want to talk one-on-one, I'm always here.

Godspeed,
Mandi

Husband diagnosed with stage III tonsil and floor of mouth cancer in August 2002. Three rounds of chemo/42 RAD treatments. Upper right lung lobectomy in March 2003. (Benign)
#36893 08-24-2003 05:16 PM

My suggestion is that you do something with people. Call all your friends and family and get them to visit for games or something. Go out if you can (call a cab take a bus) wander about where ever people are. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or church or hospital, whatever. Keep your mind as busy on things about LIFE as you can.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics