Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#34570 05-02-2006 03:58 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Hi Kerry, I'm sorry to hear that Stephen is in the hospital and hopefully they can allieviate some of his symptoms with IV's and treatments. It's very hard to get knocked down but you sound like you really do have an appropriate perspective on this. We all strive to maintain a positive attitude but I don't think it's a failure if that comes and goes in response to changing situations. I get annoyed at all the happy people too, they are pretty clueless but then again so was I before this. Whenever I think I won't get through a bad day I read through the postings on the forum and it gives me hope. Others have have gone before us and they have made it through.
Gary is right about calling your lender, these are special circumstances and they are often willing to work with you. The first call is the hardest and then you get better at it.
Please hang in there, ask for help, and let us know how you are doing. Jack was put on the duragesic patch today because his pain is bad so we're waiting to see what happens when it kicks in. If not, then I'll ask for something else, and then something else until we find the something that works for him. I hope tomorrow is better for you and Stephen and I will send positive thoughts your way. Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.
#34571 05-02-2006 04:56 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Kerry,

Please do contact social security right away. If they say no ask again and be persistant. Also check into your state programs.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2t...MassHealth+and+Insurance&sid=Eeohhs2

Take some time to check with attorneys in your area. Call in your "helper chips" enlist friends to do some leg work. Take advantage of every aid program you can find. Now is not the time to be too proud. When young children are involved usually assistance is easier to qualify for.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.
#34572 05-03-2006 03:28 PM
JAM Offline
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Kerry, I don't remember seeing in an earlier post if you and Stephen have talked about applying for disability [there is short term disability available] There is a good amount of legwork involved, but he should qualify and it might take some of the strain off. John applied and was accepted when he could no longer talk to customers, was in bed most of everyday and on lots of medication. Remember, youall did not bring this on yourselves. It's a life altering illness and you must fight it with that attitude. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

:
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users