Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Senior Patient Advocate

There are appx 500 lymph nodes in the body and most are in the head and neck region. I quote that from Dr Trotti's speech at Moffitt.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Go on your trip and enjoy. You will fight when you get back, I know. The wigs today are so natural looking and beautiful. My sister-in-law even had one dyed to match her color and it was perfect.
So wishing for your pain to be controlled. Stay in touch Bren.
You are a strong lady.
Debbie

Partial mandibulectomy and neck dissection 2/3/07. T2NOMO.
Had 14 hour operation which included reconstruction of jaw.
Reconstruction failed. Some radiation, no chemo.
Senior Patient Advocate
Senior Patient Advocate

My wife wore a long purple wig one Halloween dressed as a Lady of the Night. Boy was she hot in purple !! I still ask her to wear it occasionally. LOl

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline

Trust a man....!!!! LOL!

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!

Brenda,
Hope you get your pain meds sorted out. Get a higher dose in case you need on trip. Crete sounds wonderful. Have a great time.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

'ello all!
Mum, you never told me it was this bad, you brat! It's ok though, I understand. I love you.
I just feel guilty for telling you about my accident when you were so obviously going through crap....

Thank you everyone for all your kind words to mum, she needs you all. Neither Ray, my twin or I can even begin to understand what the hell she's going through, and although we try we can't come close to giving her the support and comfort she needs whereas you lot can. So thank you very much.....we really do appreciate it (I'm speaking for Ray and twin here as well as myself!).

Mum, love you forever, be careful. I am having my first housewarming party tonight so gotta go.

Suey
xx

Mum - sick as a dog, see her sig.
Dad - diagnosed with throat cancer late 2007.

Hi daughter,, your mom is one of the best on this site, she can make you laugh, cry, think and anything she puts her mind to. She's my hero. She gives very good advice to all who need iand can chew butt when it is necessary LOL Take care of her for us will ya?

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hi sue

it must be so hard being being on a different continent to your mum while she is dealing with all this crap.i am 50 miles away from her and have spoken to her on the phone and nearly got to meet her before christmas but she wasn't well enough.She has some hard choices to make and as far as we can we will all be here for her while she thinks things through and decides what to do for the best.I hope she enjoys her holiday and gets the pain meds she badly needs,and any time you feel like a chat PM me.....she cant see that lol.

love liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Bren,
I have been wearing wigs for years. The styles have come a long way from the stiff overdone styles of the past. Synthetics are the least expensive and European hair customs are the most expensive. Whatever you get - mess it up a bit so it will look more natural. I turn mine upside down and give it a good shake. Use a travel size spray bottle with water and give it a shpritz and use a pick, comb or your fingers for a quick styling. Tell the person who styles it that you want one that is easy to change around. Don't fall for sales pitch for special products. Any good shampoo and conditioner will work. It is very important to rinse all shampoo out and use a conditioner.
Have fun with your new "toy" whatever color you choose.
Enjoy that trip to Cyprus
Malka

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF
OP Offline

Bit of a busy week!
Monday, made it to town to pick up some things needed for holiday and change sterling to Euros

Tuesday--Optician's in the morning, then back in time for a visit from Denise, McMillan nurse--more discussion on pain--he's titrated the 30mg slow release morphine, twice a day, to 40mg, twice ans said to take the Sevredol (10mg) every 4 hours for breakthrough pain. I've also to add in 3, 400mg Ibuprofen as some of the pain may be irritation/muscle-related (Oh boy, do I get irritated!)

She also asked if I liked a drink--said a glass of wine on the plane with a Sevredol should make for a more comfortable journey--LOL!
Yesterday was what we now call 'The Drug Run'--picking up prescription and getting it filled
(LIz, you have no idea how useful your advice about a pre-payment certificate has been). Doctor also gave me letter saying why I will be carrying controlled drugs aboard an aircraft!
(Although the plum sticking outside the side of my neck might just be a good visual clue!)

Today it was trip to Accounts at the hospital to pay

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members