Next Thread
Print Thread
#29708 12-12-2007 06:43 AM
derek Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

hi all,

after getting my biopsys last monday ( 2 areas , tongue and floor of mouth ) i was wondering this.

obv for the first few days my mouth was pretty sore, but now its been 9 days and the mouth is getting better but now i seem to have a lump round about the area where the stitches are on the tongue that defo wasnt there before the biopsy,
it was only a smooth white homogenous patch, i take it this is quite normal and just a slight swelling on the area.

also with the tongue and mouth in general starting to feel better i have noticed slight dull aches and pains in the neck and throat area that come and go, could this also possibly just be a reaction to having the small areas cut out ? maybe small nerves or something disrupted ?

it has been a strange 4 months for me going through this again, i was a shaking , crying nervous wreck for wee periods of the first 3 months and particularly on finding this site and reading all the sad stories in the build up to going back to the hospital,
then all of a sudden since going and getting the biopsy last monday and the 2 week wait to get my results ( 17th ) i now all of a sudden seem to be really calm and no tears or shakes or worries ??
weird, i honestly thought i would have been really really worried now ? hmmmm, strange, after 3 or 4 months of worrying i seem to feel a wee bit more optimistic although not counting my chickens, i will be prepared ( as much as you could be ) for what im going to get told.

many thanks to all who have answered all my previous questions, truly is a board of real strong fighters and yous are all on my mind and prayers.

regardless of the outcome of my results on monday, i plan to try and do something to raise awareness of o.c to maybe the local high schools and the likes and try and drum in how the smoking and binge drinking can heighten the risks of being a victim of this ruthless thing.

also i am going to be making a donation or buying the 50 badge sets to put some money towards this site, regardless of my outcome

thanks all,

Derek

#29709 12-12-2007 05:44 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Hi Derek: Glad you had the biopsy...I'm NOT a doctor, but you may have some scar tissue...Also, if you had to take any antibiotics following the procedure, you may have a little 'yeast' or 'thrush' to deal with..

Either way, I'd be calling the surgeon with these questions, just to ease your mind.

Bless you, friend.....

Lois & Buzz in NC

CG to 77 y/o hubby;SCC Alveolar Ridge; Wake Forest Baptist Hosp surgery: 07/19/07; bi mod radical resection/jaw replacement;
T2 N2-B M0 Stage IV-A
28 IMRT +
6 Paclitaxel/Carboplatin
Getting stronger every day!
#29710 12-12-2007 09:29 PM
derek Offline OP
OP Offline

will be back at hospital on monday for results, im also sure that the white patches in my mouth are getting smaller in area and lighter in appearance.

thanks

Derek

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916