Next Thread
Print Thread
#27268 03-26-2005 01:31 AM
Dino Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

Someone please help me...i am getting really nervous

Day 1: It started on the left side exactly between the top and bottom of my tongue...a small red raised area about 1/4" with a little bit of pain on the first day......Also, I noticed a small area above this spot about 2mm on the top of my tongue not really raised at all...this area was painful to the touch

Day 2: no change

Day 3: no change

Day 4: The 1/4" spot had a hole in the center and the pain increased...The pain comes and goes and the smaller spot still has pain when touched

Day 5: The larger growth has a rellowish ring around it but is still opened, but the smaller growth the pain has went away, but i can still see it its its a small red circle withe a white dot in the enter looks like a taste-bud

Day6: no change - the ulcer resembles a canker sore....but i have never had a canker on my tongue and a canker is

(I am male, 35, smoke, drink and HPV)

About 2-3 months prior I had a similar outbreak of two canker like sores on the inside gum line below my bottom teeth...these sores did go away and did not leave any symptoms....I did see my dentist, doctor and a oral surgeon when i had these sores and they all inspected my mouth at that time...Also, since then i have been keeping a very close watch on my mouth, so if there was a growth prior on my tongue i would have seen it.

My main question are as follows:

1.) Would I have had a raised growth for a prolonged periode of time before it turned canker like or can this just occur with no prior symptoms

2.) If this is cancer, could it appear in two seperate areas like I described above, out of the blue, with different variations

3.) what should i do?

Dino
#27269 03-26-2005 06:21 AM
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Hi Dino! First, take a deep breath & breathe! It is not cancer until a pathology report says so. It could be so many other things. Be proactive about your health & #1 quit smoking, #2 limit alcohol. Forget about the HPV, I don't think there's much you can do about that, but the smoking & alcohol you can! If the sores continue, be proactive & get them checked out. Let us know how it goes. Erik

dx 2/11/04 scca bot T3 IU 2B MO poorly differentiated, margins ok, 3/16 modest, jaw split, over half of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - finished chemo & rad treatment 5/20/04
#27270 03-26-2005 06:36 AM
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Dino: Get to a doctor or dentist ASAP. Whatever it is should be taken care of. Could be cancer but more likely it is something else. Monday morning first thing call your doctor or dentist and ask for an appointment immediately. Erik is right about the smoking & drinking. Good luck - Candace

Sister of guy w/base of tongue cancer, Stage IV, Dx 4/03, finished Tx 9/03
#27271 03-26-2005 08:20 AM
Dino Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you soooo much Eric and Candace for the reply....

I really appreciate it !!

I feel like im a hypocondriak (spelling?)

But I never had such a sore on my tongue before

Today is day 6 with the sore...

It has a deep center and a white/yellowish ring

forming around it and it has not shrunk in size

The pain seems to be going away .. it hardly hurts

at all

The smaller one has no pain at all and seems to be

clearing up

Can you be more specific on questions #1 or #2

please

I did go to a walk-in clinic and they told me it

looks like an ULCER and to wait another week