Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25970 10-20-2003 06:22 AM
OP Offline

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant, and have a blood disorder called ITP aka low platelets. I am on prednisone which slows down the healing process. Well heres my problem, I have a sore behind 2 front teeth, on gums. Its small and pink, and has not changed in size at all. Sometimes it peels, looks like thin string actually. Also is bleeds alot from it when I brush my teeth. A couple of months ago i was eating ice and i cut the skin in that area. Could that have caused it. I looked up stuff online at the word cancer scares me to death. They thought itp could have been leukemia but bone marrow biopsy was negative thank god. I dunno if its my hormones acting up due to the baby or what. I have an app next week with dentist. Could this be cancer? Thanks tiffany

#25971 10-20-2003 02:41 PM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

First understand that no one over the web is going to be able to tell you exactly what is wrong. So having said that, let me say that there are plenty of benign things that this might be rather than the big "C". Anytime you have something that does not heal with or without treatment in two weeks, it needs to be looked at more seriously. While your dentist is a good starting place, if he doesn't come up with a definitive idea what it is and it has persisted for over 14 days, you might consider an oral surgeon, or periodontist both who are familiar with looking at soft tissue abnormalities in the mouth. If either thought it was something suspicious, they might take a biopsy, which is quick and painless, to see exactly what's what at a microscopic level. You don

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics