Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1808 10-13-2003 02:27 PM
fuji Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

My mom had terrible side effects from her last round of chemo - It landed her in the hospital - Now she has a severe case of pneumonia and is on a respirator - I'm devastated - They are hoping she comes out of this - I can't function and feel so alone now - I have support, but most of my support has never dealt with this disease and it's effects (thankfully for their sake) - I am lost and just looking for anyone who has experienced this or can give any advice - My dad and I do not want her suffering to go on - At the same time we can't bare the thought of losing her - I feel like I'm walking in a dream world and I can't wake up - Thanks for listening - My heart goes out to each and every one of you that have been touched by this disease - I'm writing because I know there is so much strength on this board - Some of the stories have amazed me - My mom and dad have also amazed me in so many ways since my mom's diagnosis - Thanks again!

Sue

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sue,

Sorry to hear about your Mom's latest setback...please know there are many people on this board that will be thinking of you and will be there in the only way we can - through this board.

You are handling things very well and are stronger than you think...as you continue to help others that come here.

Please take care of yourself,
Dinah

Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hang in ther Sue, You have alot of people on this board pulling for you!!! Your mom can beat this!! It may take some time to get over the pneumonia but she can survive. I will be praying for both your Mother ,Father and you. Wishing you the best, Daniel Bogan

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

The conclusion is always the same: love is the most powerful and still the most unkown energy in the world.

Michelle, sister to Marcy
Dx January 03, partial glossectomy/selective neck dissection T2N1MO/recurrence June 03, radiation and chemo/recurrence Dec. 03 mets to spine and base of skull//palliative care//lost her April 10th 2004 Age of 32
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Dear Sue, I know how you feel. My husband was also hospitalized last year after his 1st round of chemo and radiation, with pneumonia. Although he wasn't on a respirator - I know the frustration and anguish you are feeling. It's a tough thing to handle - but you must be strong - and I know you can get through this. What have the doctors said on how she is doing? At least you know she is getting good care, and we will all be pulling for her and wishing you and your family only the best. Don't lose hope!

DonnaJean
fuji Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks everyone - It makes you feel so much better when people are pulling for you - My mom is still on the respirator (by choice) We are trying to handg in there for her - It is the most difficult thing I've ever experienced - I always knew how much I loved my mother - We talked every day - I can't even think of life without her - Thanks for all of your well wishes - It means so much to me - I wish all of you nothing but good days - Sue

Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Sue,
You can get through this. I know it's not easy. About eight weeks ago I went through a frightening situation with my Mom. As an in-patient receiving chemoradiotherapy, she picked up pneumonia and wound up in isolation in the cardiac ward where one of the nurses told me things were looking grim. Be strong. We got through our hurdles and I want you to get through yours. It's painful to see a loved one go through this, but I'm sure your Mom feels your support and love and that will help get her through her challenges.

Mom's caregvr. DDS failed to dx 01/03. Dx Stg IV SCC 05/03. Induct. chemo, IMRT, 5FU, H, Iressa, Neck disect, radiation. Dad's caregvr. Dx 01/04 Ext. Stg SCLC. Mets to liver/bone 08/04. Died 11/12/04. Mom tongue CA dx 06/13, hemiglossectomy (80% removed) 08/13. Clean margins and nodes, but PNI. 6/15/15: Tongue CA at base of remnant tongue. Declined further tx; hospice.
Died 10/13/15. What a long and difficult journey.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23