Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Thank so many of you for responding with encouragement or advice! I still don't have a diagnosis. I went to the ER after getting a headache that felt like acid was being poured over my brain...MRI, CT scan, blood work...nothing pointing to a reason for my pain. Can't have a PET scan until one of the tests indicate an area of concern. Upper molars now in on the pain. Oral surgeon chipped away a jawbone spur but no relief from that. Trigeminal nerve still irritated. I now feel like I have a piece of sharp glass lodged in my throat behind a tonsil. If I don't take pain meds every 4 hours, I get pain at 10+. I sit at my desk at work and just cry. Then I suck it up and back to the computer/work...if I lose my job, I'll be in a bigger mess.
I did have chemo (horrible reaction) but no radiation. Breasts were removed.
Still no fever, but temp hovers at 96.1 or lower. No allergies or stuffiness. My ear is sore as is that whole triangle where my jawbone hinges. The lump on my jawbone is still there, but the tests don't indicate that its a tumor. Rats! If it was, at least they could take it out and maybe get some relief. Am I incubating a tiny tumor? Do I have to wait until its big enough to kill me? 4 months is just crazy, and 11 months for Ruthanne? How can this go on? I see my PCP on Monday....

OP Offline

PCP referred me to a neurologist. My ENT recommended a neurologist in November and I tried to make an appt, but there was a 6 week wait and I was like 'hell no!'. One saw me in the hospital last week, so I was able to get in next Monday.
Yay that she gave me another week's supply of pain pills.
None of the 6 dentists went in the direction of TMJ, so I looked it up and I really don't have any of the symptoms, but am going to do the exercises anyway...that would be a happy ending to a miserable 4 months..
I am having tingling spots on my wrists and right below my shoulder on my upper arm, in both arms. And my chin is now completely numb. NUTS !!!

OP Offline

Hopefully my final post here....the many scans, etc do not show any lumps to biopsy so happy not to join THIS club. Neurologist had no diagnosis but changed me to Neurontin 100 mg and increase as tolerated. I have had a screaming headache since I started it and decided today that that's enough.
Jaw pain slowly went away..R face tingle still there. But my neck no longer turns right and left. It pulls up into my skull when I force it.
Going to Neurologist again to discuss this roaming devil in my body!! Hips, then back, then shoulder, then jaw, then neck. Ridiculous. Will ask him if its Allergies? Bacteria? Generalized inflammation? I always feel better on Clindamyacin...maybe a year of that would be good. I've already started buying anti-inflammatory foods (Almond milk, Rice cereal) Back on hydrocodone. yay:( I have to be able to work. So, rather than have SOMETHING, it appears I have NOTHING, and will just continue to suffer. I just don't get it...

OP Offline

I read thru a couple of other posts, and meant to post this as well...my LEFT ear, not Right, where the problem has been, started 'turning off'..no hearing and enormous pain! Feels/sounds like a screaming jet engine inside my ear...and after a couple of hours, I am sicker from the constant pain...so I'm at work and dying, and search my purse for anything...I run across the old tube of Anbesol that I had been using for my tooth/jaw pain. Well, I squirted my ear full of Anbesol!! Its just an analgesic! I have to tell you, it DID feel a little better! Remembered I had liquid lidocaine in the fridge and tried that when I got home, but the anbesol has worked better! I wicked out the remaining liquid when I could stand it. HAHAHAHAHA.

"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Yikes!!! Hopefully out find some relief so glad you don't have to be a club member!!!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users