Davidcpa - I'm sorry but I kinda laughed at the "Dr. Death" part. I had to say something.

But yeah, as of lately I've been a lot more emotional than ever. I'm a young guy and as far as I can remember I've always had problems letting out emotion, especially when I was upset about something (unless it turned to anger, that is a different story).

I was like a rock for about a year... then one day while recovering in the hospital it all hit me at once. I cried for a good few hours off and on. Then a few times after that through out the past few weeks, but honestly I'm starting to feel better.

I thought my entire situation had hardened me, but it did just the opposite. In a way its good. I couldn't shed a tear at my grandfather's funeral about two years ago (although I wanted to). Holding back all the time can't be good for you.

I'm a firm believer you can live a rich, full life despite what happens/has happened to you. I like the expression "It's not the cards you're dealt; it's how you play them". I speak very poorly at the moment compared to before my glossectomy, and I know for a fact I'll never sound close to the same.

As a person who's been pretty well spoken most of my life, I thought it was a huge blow. In some aspects, it sucks. However, my family and friends love me all the same (probably more now, because I can't Rant on and on now, haha).

My point is, there's just so much more to life than the way your voice sounds. Find some hobbies or interests. There's a lot to live for.

Last edited by Garrett; 09-30-2012 09:39 PM.

Wrong DX since 05
Tx Since 11/10 3 KTP laser surgeries
Correct DX Sarcoma Tongue 9/11
5 cycles doxerubicin + ifex 11/11
35x IMRT 03/12
Near Total Glssctmy/Right Nck Dsct + Trach + PEG 9/7/12
Recovering Nicely.