Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Ellen - yes, it's serious and none of us are ever quite the same. But many come very close, and Steve's comment just above about adapting is, well, apt.

It's hard to imagine right now, and the next months and even a year or more are going to be a tough uphill climb, but eventually your husband will find himself feeling much much better.

Like him, I worried about my salivary glands and about food. But eventually I've improved and for the rest have just kind of gotten used to things. So both of you hang in there!

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18
EllenB Offline OP
Senior Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline

Hmmm don't know of this went through. Steve great story and Cheryl how was your appointment? Julie Ann thank you. We try to laugh each day. Love hS always been there but we are closer than ever now. I will cherish all your posts and encouragement. It means the world to me. To those at the beginning the time does go by in spite of our fears. Going to respond to others now

caregiver for husband
diagnosed with oral cancer May 2011 after 6 mo
node lft side and several in jaw involved
Base of Tongue Stage IVA
7 weeks radiation
Cisplatin-3 chemos (beginning,middle,end) IntraV administration
EllenB Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks David. Excellent advice. Recommend any inspirational books about oral cancer recovery? We had a good report from doc today. She managed to spare one side so his saliva should be better than expected. Hard road but we just keep looking forward

caregiver for husband
Base of Tongue Stage IVA
7 weeks radiation
EllenB Offline OP
OP Offline

Caco, you will get through this. I actually cannot believe that we are this far along. Friday will put us in the single digits which is totally unbelievable. It seems like just yesterday that we were at the beginning, scared, sad and nervous. As the time does on and each "new" thing becomes part of the routine, you will rise to the challenge. Everyone here is very supportive and there is wonderful information here too. Good luck.

caregiver for husband
Base of Tongue Stage IVA
7 weeks radiation
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260