Hi Jennifer. Welcome to OCF. I hope we are able to help you with your mom. There arent alot of us who have had the tumor in our cheek. Where are you located in NJ? Im in Allentown PA so not too far from NJ. In fact I grew up in Jersey.

I am doing fine. Ive gone thru SCC 3 times and am luckily still around to talk about it. Sure I have my share of after effects but overall I really am doing very well.

Dont worry, your mom will get there too. This kind of cancer can be so hard to manage. Do you have any questions we can help you with? There are so many wonderful supportive members who can help you.

If you are able to add a signature that would be great. It helps us to get to know you and your mom. Its under the my stuff tab, then preferences. Scroll to the bottom and type whatever you want in the box. Please start a new post so we can address you concerns as well as the original posting members (Sorry Karen). Thats easy to do, after you click on which topic you want to read about, click on new topic and begin your post.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma