Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
SUEZ Offline OP
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
OP Offline

sure David I knew I was not alone on this, cuz Ron says he don't need them! Denial. I am not going to fight with him anymore. And when I see that these are working for lets say a week I am going to tell him what I did. We don't keep secrets, but sometimes you just have to. I will tell him and I'm hoping this will make him see that he DOES need a bit of help. He's had issues all his life, he can't take alot of people at once, he's actually quiet and to himself, maybe Bipolar? Anxiety attacks? He get's nervous in a crowd, can't stay in a store for a long time, he HAS to get out. I've always told him they make meds for his condition, he chose alcohol as his drug as well as others before I even met the man. I know definately the wrong choice. But all the other drugs were stopped before I met him. He has never been married nor has any children of his own. My kids are his now. I feel that I have made a big difference in whatever has made him this way, I've given him LOVE, a HOME, a FAMILY he has never had and HAPPINESS. And I will continue with this as hard as it may get and if I can't do it than I will make that decision with him. Yesterday on a "happy note" he ate a Sara Lee single serve Chocolate Cream pie and than he had Potatoe Cheese soup my son who is a Sous Chef made and he ate a cup of that AND than tried to eat a been burrito! Ya he's eating...whatever it takes. PS he's not in la la land whatsoever ever! He is outside, putting a board up where my gutter fell down over our dormer, he's blowing leaves, he's picking up dog poo, doing laundry, working in the flower beds, he put up a lattice fence in the back yard if anybody goes on FB you will see his work. He's keeping very busy! And has been this way since he was diagnosed. He just needed to take the edge off.

CG to Ron
Out of Pain 4/3/13
4/12-lung and under chin growth no treatment
1/13/12 lung biopsy
6/11 recur 6/30 resection #2 Clear margins
Clear 12/10
Surg 5/13/10 neck dis/nodes part gloss/flap R thigh all teeth out
RAD 30 8/10
DX 4/2/10 "Oral Cavity" T3NOMO
12/28/07 Non Hodg Lymph remission 7/08
passed away 4.3.15, RIP Ron, you are greatly missed
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Senior Patient Advocate

My wife wasn't so patient with me as she said she spiked my VHC so she could get some rest from my complaining butt! Man you women are quiet, methodical and sneaky.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.

A very wise poster told me when I first came on to this site almost 4 years ago that I needed to keep a record of everything that went into my son's body and everything that came out as well. When a doctor sees any patient, it helps him/her to be able to treat or diagnose a patient. I'm only speaking from my own past experience of living with an alcoholic as well as being CG to my son. The only thing I would worry about is Ron's reaction on finding out he had been given something without his knowledge. I remember my ex's reaction when he assumed I put something in his sandwich I had not put. He came home one day from work and had a super big blow-up of a fit because he said I put mayo on his pork sandwich. After he calmed down I told him it was a turkey sandwich, which it really was. My ex's alcoholism was at the point where he could get physically violent if he thought things were not going his way. Suez - I'm sure you know Ron better than anybody and he does sound like a much calmer person than my ex was, but I think David's suggestion to let the doctor know about your solution is a good one.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

SUEZ Offline OP
OP Offline

I tried calling twice no call back from his Octolaryngologist's nurse assisant. She was "doing a project" I was told and would get back to me. I'm going to try again today. And Ron, you all don't understand how much this has helped him!!! He has eaten every day since I started!! I'm thrilled! His attitude is friggin awesome, I have not heard him once say he's depressed! He's outside working in the yard instead of hiding downstairs drinking and smoking. His appetite has exploded, he said wow I can eat all night if I knew it wouldn't make me sick. Last night he had the last of his Edwards frozen Choco cream pie it comes in a 2 pack slices, can of crm of broccoli and was able to get the broccoli pcs down also, and his rest of burrito he couldn't finich the night before and his boost to wash it all down and in that order too. lol So the eating is helping of course with the healing and he's able to swallow more things! Yay!

CG to Ron
Out of Pain 4/3/13
4/12-lung and under chin growth no treatment
1/13/12 lung biopsy
6/11 recur 6/30 resection #2 Clear margins
Clear 12/10
Surg 5/13/10 neck dis/nodes part gloss/flap R thigh all teeth out
RAD 30 8/10
DX 4/2/10 "Oral Cavity" T3NOMO
12/28/07 Non Hodg Lymph remission 7/08
passed away 4.3.15, RIP Ron, you are greatly missed
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4