Print Thread
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline

Hello OCF posters!

This weekend, November 6th, we have 2 oral cancer awareness walks:

St. Petersburg, Florida

Camanche, Iowa

If anyone lives near these walks, please come and support the OCF and oral cancer awareness!!

As I have said before, having OCF members attend and support these events adds so much! Perhaps you can all meet each other as well!!

Any questions, please pm me! Or visit the OCF events site, for more information.

Have a wonderful evening!!

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

I am new to this board as of today and the walks sound wonderful! I wish I lived near one of them. I am healing from 2 surgeries this August. I see the need to educate Canadians about oral cancer and hope I can be part of that team!
Nancy

55 yrs, Female, smoked for 4 yrs 35 yrs. ago, SCC right underside tongue and floor of mouth, laser surgery took 1/3 tongue Aug 2010, 3 weeks later in Sept right neck dissection 40 nodes removed with 1microscopic spot in one node. No chemo or radiation.
OP Offline

Hi Meggie,

I wish you a very speedy recovery! I am glad you joined the forum. YOu will get so much support and advice from the wonderful people here.

We would love to have more walks in Canada!! If ever you want to organize one in the future when you are feeling better, please let me know and I would love to help you!

All my best,

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users