Hello Cyndie,

You have probably already decided the best course for yourself. I've haven't logged on in months. The only advice I can give you is the path my sister chose. Her cancer was located on the left side of her tongue....she was stage 2 when it was removed. Radiation and chemo was recommended at the time, but she declined. The tumors came back and she had two more surgeries in about 18 months time, the last being a radical neck dissection. She still chose not to do the advised radiation/chemo. The tumor returned this time to the carodic(sp) artery and surgery was not an option. She underwent the radiation and chemo, fought with all her might but it wasn't to be. She was only 51 years old and ran marathons, she was in excellent health and was a dental hygienist. She just thought she could fight this cancer with surgery and holistic/natural remedies. I wish I knew then what I know now about this aggressive cancer. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make...everyone has to chose what they think is best for them.

Caregiver to sister Connie, dx 2005, scc tongue, 4 surgeries inc. radical left side neck dissection 7/06, 35 IMRT, and 7 cisplatin 2/07, passed away 8-11-07, 51 yrs. young, fought with courage, strength and grace, found peace on her new journey.