Hi Jim,just wanted to chime in cuz this post touched my heart. I have been feeling the same way. I have been having a few other medical issues so that is not helping my state of mind, but oh my gosh, some days I don't move off the sofa.....I need to give myself a good hard kick in the butt. Since this last surgery done in April and then again in July by the da vinci robot I just have lost some steam.......But then I think about all that I would be missing if I were not here, and I am grateful. My kids, still both in college turn 24 this month, and it is a joy watching them grow into adults, so I keep plugging along and smile (as best I can). I have wonderful doctors that take great care of me and good health insurance. Gotta keep on keeping on, but I totally understand. And Christine, you are amazing, woman!

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---