Hi Gerri,
As a sole caregiver, with no other family members, I understand how exhausted you must be feeling. Gordon fell into a terrible depression, with anxiety and panic attacks, after he completed treatment. He finally started taking anti-depressants, and while not exactly Mr. Happy (which I wouldn't expect under the circumstances), it did seem to even him out, so he wasn't hitting the lows anymore. As for me, I've experienced the full spectrum myself, to the point where I questioned my sanity at times. I also have a guy who didn't take a lot of responsibility for his recovery, and I've had to nag, scream, cry, ad nauseum, to try and get him to do what he needs to do for himself. He is doing better now, though. You need some help and so does your husband to cope with the enormous emotional and psychological issues that can go along with this hideous disease. Talk to his doctors and ask for a referral. Best of luck, Anne

Anne - CG to Gordon (59), non-smoker/non-drinker. SCC, BOT, HPV 16+, stage 3. Jan./10 - radical neck dissection to remove 48 lymph nodes, 1 node pos. Apr. 23/10 - finished 35 rad. and 3 cisplatin. Jul. 22/10 - PET scan clear.