Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Since radiation, I have had so many problems with my teeth. The top front six are now crowns, the bottom teeth are in really bad shape, they have shifted, I have one that should probably be pulled but my oc doctor says No. I might get something with an n, can't think of it right now and then could possibly lose my jaw....I go with whatever he says. Had a biopsy done Tuesday on a lump way back on flap/tongue, it has been rubbing that bad tooth, praying it is not c again. Thanks for listening!

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

hi All! I'm 4 1/2 years out and have sent several dentists on vacations. I'm proud to say that I still have 18 teeth and have (I think) found a new dentist that really cares about said teeth. I'm not certain but I think the other one didn't expect me or my teeth to still be here after this long. He was way too willing to pull while my new guy is doing what he can to keep mine. He actually repaired the two anchor teeth under my bridge, while hanging from the ceiling (haha). His original plan was to remove the bridge which would have been unsalvagable but I talked him out of it, not wanting to go on an oatmeal diet quit yet because I can't afford a new bridge right now. Another thing, thanks to everyone here, I now have flouride trays. My new guy couldn't believe the other one didn't set me up with them. I've always used the Prevident 5000 but never had trays. After reading here about everyone else's. I asked about them. One more thing, I can't open my mouth very well either so he uses one of those blocks to hold it open. A childs size is the one that works and my mouth doesn't hurt from trying to hold it open. Although I don't post much here, I've sure learned alot from the wonderful people that do. Thank you all, Carol

DX 6/05 Rt Tonsil SSC advanced to lymph node. Stage 4b. RND, took tonsils, strips off the back of tongue, throat and nose. 19 lymph nodes removed only 1 bad. Once healed, 7 weeks of treatment including 35 IMRT, 7 Cisplatin, 7 Erbitux and 35 nasty Amophostine. Almost 11 yrs out now. Woooo Hoooo!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users