Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be having a great year at OCF in regard to walks/events. WE have many new events this year as well as our regulars. The list will be included in the OCF newsletter, so be on the look out for it.

I will be updating this list as we are getting more in and I will keep you abreast of definite dates.

If there is anyone interested in volunteering or attending these events, you can pm me and I will give you the organizers contact info.

Again, your participation in these events would be so much appreciated either as a volunteer or participant. You would be representing OCF in such a special way. It is also a great way to possibly meet each other!

Thank you all!

Any questions, just let me know.

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!

Susan,
Would be interested in learning more about events in NYC, NJ and Washington. Thanks!

Hx of stage IV non-oral cancer tx with radiation, chemo & surgery in 2005. Currently a research nurse with National Institutes of Health working on a clinical trial using gene therapy for radiation-induced xerostomia. [email protected]
OP Offline

Hi Linda,

Great! We do have an event in Hicksville, NY on June 20th, the David Nasto Memorial Walk on September 25th in Andover, NJ and possibly a walk in Baltimore as well. Not sure about the Baltimore walk, we had one there last year but am waiting to hear from the organizer. We also have a walk at NYU in April, waiting for the def date. And I do believe we might have one in DC, but waiting for definites on that one as well. As soon as I get def dates for ones I mentioned I will fill you in. You can contact Lisa or Serena at [email protected] in regard to the Hicksville event. The David Nasto Walk is in memory of my brother so if you are interested in this, I can fill you in. This is NYU's 6th walk this year, a very successful event as well. But as I mentioned, I will get more info to you when I receive it. Thanks so much for wanting be involved! Let me know which ones you might be interested in!

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Linda,

Being in MD, you might be interested in the walk in Phila. if it goes off again this year. I haven't heard if it will, but Susan would know.

I have attended all 5 of the NYC walks in the past. As Susan said, it has been a very successful one.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Susan, do you have any information regarding the walk in Philadelphia?

Thanks!
-C

Spouse
Husband age 55
SCC BOT and 3 nodes HPV 16+ Diagnosed 2/13/09 Stage 4 T2N3M0
Neck Dissection 2/13/09, 6 chemo cysplatin/taxol, 35 rad TX completed 5/8/09, PEG removed 6/26/09, PET Scan 8/3, 2/3 Clear!
OP Offline

C-

I have been in touch with the Philly organizers and they are putting together a walk, they did say end of April, but no def date yet. I will keep you posted. In fact I will email again tonight to see if they got a date! They did well last year being the first walk, so I am sure it will a good one this year as well! I will keep in touch!

Susan

OP Offline

Hi Linda,

Yes, I did forget about the Philly walk, there will be one but waiting on a date, sometime end of April. I will let you know when I find out!

Take care

Susan

OP Offline

Linda and C,

Just got the word about Philly, date is set for April 17th at University of Penn. Contact is Natalie Powell or Ann Layveya, [email protected]/[email protected]. I will be having most of these walks up on the current ocf events site soon. If you have any more questions, let me know!!

Thank you for your support! Pass the info on to all, come and support the events and OCF!!

Susan,

Looks like the NYC and Philly walks will be on the same date again, unless I'm wrong.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
OP Offline

You know Jerry, I have been waiting to get a date from NYU, you must have good contacts! I kind of thought they would, its oral cancer awareness week. Keep me posted if you hear of a def date for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916