Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

I might have missed a post or two, Donna, what is walk in place walkathon? Congrats to both Donna and Susan on doing such awesome work!

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

I am sorry it took me so long to update you on the walk! By the time we cleaned up and packed the car and rode our 2 hour ride home, and my sister, her husband and new baby stayed the night, I was exhausted!!! They just left for their ride home to texas!!

Firt I want to say thank you soooo much to Donna for walking in place in her hometown in Canada! What an effort and I am so touched by her thoughtfulness! When I told people what she was doing, they were in awe! Thank you again Donna and I am so sorry you did not receive your materials, Megan does not know what happened, we did have the correct address! She is mailing them out to you again!

I am very happy with the turnout again, the day was beautiful! NIce fall weather, compared to last years cloudy and rain! So I am thankful for that!

The early count for donations is close to what we raised last year, $10,000 with more coming in. So I will have a grand total by the end of the week. In this economy, I am thrilled with the amount. We might reach over $11,000. So thank you to all who donated, I am very touched.

As Jerry stated, we had lots of food! Hamburgers, hotdogs, bagels, Starbucks coffee, danish, Dunkin Donuts, apples, Ritas water Ice (which I forgot to put out until late!!) My husband manned the grill, which he loves to do, I guess like all men! He was just great, without him I could not have done this walk.

Jerry was just great as well! Everyone commented on his speech and now are more informed than ever! Thank you so much Jerry and so sorry your feet hurt!! It was wonderful meeting you wife and daughter in law, very sweet people!

We did have raffles and a live band, who were just fantastic and have already committed to coming back next year as well. They sold their cd's with all sales going to OCF, another $200! Wry Toast Band, look them up online, www.brianmcardle.net and listen or purchase their cd, wonderful southern rock music.

It was great to see Sue Marie as well, thank you so much for coming and bringing your wonderful friend!!

Overall, it was a great day and am already thinking about next year on how to make it bigger and better. My brother was remembered and I hope I made him proud, the OCF was brought to peoples attention and the wonderful work they do. So how cannot it not be a good day.

Thank you to all for all of your support and encouragement.

Now its back to work and we have some other walks coming up in Boston and Phoenix!!

Take care

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916