Hi,
Well, we just returned from the RO and she ordered an MRI for Richard and his appointment is for Sat. She said that, at this point, the Pet could still show false positives and the MRI is a good scan to do at this point in time. I automatically thought that she would order the Pet and I'm wondering if the MRI will give us an "all clear." Has anyone else had this experience of having the MRI first? We've gotten excellent care, so I would hope money isn't the deciding factor in what follow up tests to do. Should we still demand a PET along with the MRI, or wait until the results of the MRI are read? The RO was also very pleased after seeing Richard and reiterated what the H&N surgeon said yesterday about the treatment working. I'd appreciate any feedback...Thanks, Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09