Hi Jim,

I understand your reservations. I think you really need to follow the advice of your Drs. Do not take matters into your own hands. You only get so many chances to beat this kind of cancer and the first chance is the best chance. From what I've seen on this board if this comes back it can be VERY hard to deal with and it can spread very quickly and agressively. The side effects of radiation and the surgery are intense but they go away for the most part. I still have risidual effects and limitations from both but I just have learned to manage them and its a lot better than wondering "what if" all the time. I know I gave it my best shot.

It sucks having to deal with all of these side effects from the radiation and surgery but keep in mind that these are teh treatments you must do to save your life. i don't mean to frighten you but this isn't a disease with any sort of logic. Its bad cells invading healthy cells and SCC in the head and neck region is a very serious thing. It needs to be dealt with swiftly and efficiently to get the best possible outcome.

Best of luck with your treatments and I'm wishing you a full and speedy recovery. I know its daunting but you can get through it. Its not fun but it is definitely manageable. You are strong and you will get through it.

Last edited by misskate; 05-24-2009 10:13 PM.

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!