I will be starting radiation in 2-3 weeks as soon as my neck dissection I just had 4 days ago heals! They said I would have problems swallowing after my partial glossectomy, they said it would be hard to eat and swallow after my neck dissection and now they are saying I will most likely have a PEG! Well! I swallowed and drank a TON after my glossectomy, I ate dinner the night of my neck dissection and have continued eating everything I want 4 days after.....Does it hurt? Hell yea! Is it hard??? Hell yea! Is it going to kill you? NO!!! I had a salad lastnight and every bite I took when it went down my throat made me cringe but you just keep doing it! I feel like I have lived with the wost tonsilitis for the past 2 months! I dont know if Im going to know what to do with myself when it doesnt hurt anymore to eat, swallow or drink!!! So I will not be getting the PEG! I am sure I wont be eating pizza 4 weeks in but I will unless it just absolutely will not go down my throat be eating and drinking myself! I am 30, just married, just bought a house and am very pissed off that I have to deal with this so I have more fight in me to beat this then it can possibly have to beat me! Keep the attitude, keep the faith and dont let the small stuff get to you!

30 yr old M non-smoker (stuborn ass italian)
SCC left side Tongue 2/17/09, Partial Gloss. 2/25/09
Left ND 5/20/09 10 nodes, 1 pos (1.7cm w/xtra cap spread)
Finished Rads IMRT X 33 8/18/09 (70gy)No PEG, No Chemo
"On the long road to recovery 1 step at a time"