I am in the process of listening (audio book) to "The Power of Now" by Ekhart Tole. After listening to about half of it, I would say that the entire book can be summed by by alot of cliches we throw around quite freely...ie...all ANY of us has is NOW - TODAY. None of us know what tomorrow will be, and therefore it is up to each of us to make the most of NOW - to be aware of NOW. When he says be aware of now he is not talking about going for a walk and not appreciating the flowers and the weeds on the sidewalk. He is talking about actually looking at the weeds too and appreciating them for what they are. It is all any of us have. We are not promised another minute or hour or day. All any of us have is NOW.

Yes, I do plan on listening to the 2nd half of the book. And yes, I do find myself thinking about the book from time to time. Working hard to appreciate the NOWness of my life.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)