First off I'm not a doctor just someone who had a virus, HPV, that tried to kill me so I have tried to learn as much about it as I can.

I personally didn't have any pain associated with my HPV related SCC, either in my Primary which was the BOT or my 2 affected nodes.

Just because you tested positive for HPV (I assume cervically) doesn't mean it traveled to your tonsil region. There has not been any evidence to suggest that it travels throughout the body but there is evidence that it must be transmitted by contact from body region to another body region.

I also believe that even though the tonsils were removed it is possible for the HPV to infect the Squamous cells remaining in that region including the Pillars.

Re the biopsy, I would probably push for it.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.