Interesting because there was no data at that time to support such a position. I appalls me how often people from the dental and medical community speculate, and state it as fact. There is either peer reviewed science or there is not in my mind, everything else is supposition.

OCF was a funder of this most current work of Gillison's along with major funding from the NCI. When this trial is published, it is something that I would talk about. Lecturing on this stuff as much as I do, I have to be very careful to distinguish what I know to be fact, (established through scientific method without or with stated bias, and peer review published in a major journal of repute, then duplicated by a second source), what the best minds in the US suspect is going on, and what are just out and out guesses based on what we know about other virus's behaviors, which certainly doesn't mean this one behaves the same. It is always walking on a razor's edge, and what people take away from my presentations isn't always what I said.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.