Mom had her neck dissection on 3/31 and has been through all the prep appts. The docs have decided on Erbitux and radiation. This past Mon. she started the first of 30 rad treatments (5 days/wk) and each Fri. she will have the Erbitux for as many weeks as it takes to go with the rad. They explained it all to her the other day but I know she is nervous and probably a little scared about it - especially the part where you can have sudden BP drop w/Erbitux (that scares her). Dad's going w/her but they asked if I could come too. I was going to ask anyway if they wanted me to come. I think she will get through this just fine if she can just stop losing weight. She is down to 102 now. Please send positive vibes our way as we all hope this will be the last time she has to go through this. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all it took was one round of treatments for everyone and it would never come back!!?? I know... back to reality. Anyway, we're ready. Ya'll take care and thanks for your support.

Nancy T

CG/Mom: 5 1/2 years SCC upper palate,4 recurrences, surgeries, chemo & radiation. Mom went to Heaven 1/21/11.