Jim and Christine-

Thanks for the concern! I did make it home from the hospital yesterday.Woohoo! I'm still trying to gain weight - right now I'm maintaining (I THINK) - so I can get rid of my NG tube. My biggest concern right now is losing weight from the nausea of my next chemo cycle and landing my butt in the hospital again because I'm scheduled for chemo at the end of this coming week! It's a vicous cycle! They can't guarantee that it won't happen again - even if I am fixed this time - there was just a necessary fat layer that my body randomly decided to lose around my small intestines and they don't know if my body would do that again or try and lose fat from somewhere else the next time. I would LOVE to be able to put back on the 20 pounds I've lost in the last week or so, but I have a feeling it's going to take a while to put on since I have no clue how I lost it in the first place! So, I'm hoping to stay out of the hospital for a while - and get on with beating this cancer thing again!

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****