Joanna, hope your right on this one. Right now I'm at the hospital, waiting for the surgery appt, just keeping myself occupied. Doc came in, told me about what's going to happen, pretty much like the last one, maybe not as extensive an incision because they aren't going to go after muscle for the reconstructon on the tongue.

After the surgery, who knows. Had IMRT radiation on the left side only, Surgeon seems to think should do the radiation again on right side. Final decision on that I guess will come from radiation oncologist.

I think the mental stress will be worse than the physical stress. At this point I"m by myself in teh hospital, wife's HK visa expired and won't be renewed for a couple of days yet. ARGHH. On the good side, have a great view of the Hong Kong skyline from the hospital room window!

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.