Hi,
I was very lucky to have a husband that did everything I said to do. How rare is that! Traci, if you can get him through the next 4 treatments then he will be done for now and can start to heal. Maybe he should see some pictures or hear the stories of dying H&N cancer patients to shake him up a bit. Being stubborn is an excellent trait, but it sounds like it's gone too far. Hopefully the docs will be able to help out. You are not a miracle worker, so just do the best you can to push him over the finish line.

Cheryl,
Why will your husband need neck dissection after the treatment? I'm asking because on April 15th we see the H&N surgeon for our follow-up and Richard's one lymph node can still be felt. It's very small and we don't know if it's scar tissue residual or what. It's hard to imagine cancer living through this treatment, but it still makes us both very nervous. I wonder how common it is to have the nodes removed after treatment and find them negative for cancer. The primary tumor was super small , under 1cm. with only the one node involved. Oh well, I'm sure we will get some answers on the 15th. Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09