Wanda,
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It's frustrating and exhausting. There is so much pressure being the caregiver. You feel like you have to be constantly vigilant and make sure everything possible is being done, plus watching your husband suffer. We learn the true meaning of the words" for better or worse."

Ask your doctors about Ativan. This drug worked quite well for Richard. He would take the Zofran and Ativan together or space them out a bit from one another. The Ativan relaxes you and helps with the nausea. It helped Richard to sleep. The Compazine did NOTHING. We were lucky in that Richard was able to consume a couple of 700 calorie shakes a day. Then we supplemented with the cans. I counted calories every day to make sure he was getting enough. He lost ten pounds and those were extra that he gained before treatment started. Please send me a PM if you want to "chat." Take care as best you can... Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09