As you know, I've opted for a very aggressive tx which so far has been successful. I am now researching and planning the next step,chemo/radiation therapy. I been trying to find info on two very important options for me, but haven't been successful.
Here are my questions:
1. Induction therapy has been very successful. I asked the doctor about doing 4 cycles instead of 3. He said that 3 was sufficient. Has anyone read any info about 3 vs 4 cycles?

2. My chemo doctor wants to use Carboplatin to sensitize the cancer cells to radiation. I have used Cisplatin as part of my induction therapy with little little problems, but he does not want to use it. Are the side effects of the combination of Cisplatin and IRMT compounded. My doctor obviously wants to lessen side effects. My concern is Carboplatin just as effective?????

I still intend to research this more, but with the wealth of experience and knowledge on this list, someone may be able to assist me.

Thanks
Sandy

Sandy 56, BOT SCC Biopsy 1/21/09 Stage 3, T3NXM0.
Finished 3 cycle induction chemotherapy 4/7/09. (Chisplatin, 5-fu and Texotere). Re-staged 4/20/09,(very successful.) Will start Carboplatin/radiation 2 Gy/5 days/7 weeks (Tomotherapy) starting May 4th. Finished 6/22/09.
OCF member/supporter