Thanks for the pats on the back guys. I have my three ring binder that I have filed all the bills and the insurance statements by treatment date with me today so I can visit the billing office while I am ate speech therapy. Fortunately, I was just approved for Medicaid since my company insurance is ending (another letter that came in the mail that is being protested - the policy that was explained to me gave me coverage until May) and I am drawing disability now (another interesting process - the 5 month waiting period). They will back pay to Nov 08 which is when my radiation started so if this is horribly true, I have an option. First I must figure out what the hospital has been told by the insurance company since i have looked at all my statements again this morning and see nothing. (sorry to bore you - thinking out loud) There is here and was in AZ another person with my exact name. Once I was spoken to about her blood work by a doctor in AZ, and call ed by Wal mart to come get her lost credit card. Here they just try to use her account for my appointments so far - maybe her insurance denied it. LOL

I think that it is sad that people have to focus on things like this, which did stress me out all night despite the Xanax instead of getting well. Then I will deal with the idiots that have turned a 60 day old bill over to collection, while it is in the appeal process. I think I will plant some sweet peas today - St Patty's Day you are to plant your sweet peas.

Patty

Last edited by Good1; 03-17-2009 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace