I just found this post. My father had right side neck dissection on Feb 9. They found a spot on his tongue was cancer and a scan found 'something' in his nodes. Immediately scheduled surgery and doctor said no chemo or radiation needed. I wish I would have had more information then because he just went with it and he wasn't at a cancer center, went to Otolaryngology Associates. Ear, Nose & Throat Medicine and Surgery and Head and Neck, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Facial Surgery. My father is recovering well and evidentely they removed all of the cancer, but I have no details on Stage (Dad just said Stage 1), how many nodes were removed, how many of them were cancer, what the margins were, why they decided to just have surgery, etc. I gave my dad a list of questions to take and ask the dr, but dad said that the doctor was going to e-mail him the answers and I haven't got the answers from my father yet, if he's gotten them from the dr. I'm pleased with the outcome, but I wish we would have had more information and options given to us. There's another side to the contraversy.