He's right at the point that everything tasted bitter to me and soon after nothing tasted good except I could taste some sweetness. I never experienced any nausea from not tasting correctly but I did have nausea from the pain meds and the chemo. Remember each person can react differently to the same basic Tx but for most of us we lost our taste around the 3rd to 4th week and things slowly went down hill until the 3rd week post Tx. Some of my taste started to return 4 months post and it was not until 15 months post Tx that I finally was satisfied with my taste and drymouth recovery. He will soon be on a liquid diet for the most part, if not totally and he needs to find something that will get him the most calories for the least amount of effort. For me that was Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC with it's 560 balanced calories.

Above all he needs to get around 3000 calories and 48ozs of water EACH AND EVERY DAY from now until a long time from now. His body is under attack from not only the cancer but the Tx and it needs fuel and water to fight back.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.