I read your post about your ENT'S answers and I must say the answer to one of the questions set me back on my heels! What does she mean another 1-4 years? Did you check the bottom of your foot to see if there is a "best Before" date that you weren't aware of?

My surgeon didn't give any such time lines at my last surgery (Oct 23, 2007) and I guess I didn't ask. So many times I think I have achieved a measure of peace with my own mortality - something those on this site need to do - and then something like your ENT's answer sets me back and kinda annoys me. God will decide when and how.

Know I am praying for you. Sounds like a brutal surgery but I know you have the ability to look past this surgery as a detail requirement necessary to move on with the rest of your life.

Hugs

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)