Charm,

It was almost 3 years ago that I was searching for answers and discovering the barbaric Tx options akin to blood leaching in terms of advanced medical practices.

My first doctor said "regardless of what they are, referring to my swollen nodes, they must stay in".

My second doctor, a surgeon, said "regardless of what they are, they must come out".

My third doctor said "those nodes are probably infected" and he put me on antibiotics.

My forth doctor said after doing a FNA and reading the results "I will do a Radical Neck Dissection and then give you concurrent chemo and radiation and I give you a 60% chance of surviving 5 more years".

My fifth doctor said " I will do a Partial ND and then do chemo and then do radiation and I give you a 70% chance of surviving."

Finally Moffitt said "we don't recommend any surgery but we will do concurrent chemo and rad and we give you a 90% chance of surviving."

Choice to me was obvious.

Good luck.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.