Hello all,
Thanks for replying. Brian, Ron is now going to UW-Madison. The ENT surgeon called him and said that since Ron will be his only patient on surgery day, it would not be until Feb. 2. His first surgery was local, by a local ENT surgeon. Maybe being a small hospital, it was much easier to schedule.
His second surgery was done at St. Luke's in Milwaukee, by an ENT surgeon and a Plastic surgeon. I think the delay there was because they both had to get their schedules together to do the surgery.
I do understand how difficult it is for large cancer centers to treat everyone as quickly as we would like to be treated, it is just upsetting thinking that the cancer is just in there growing away. I guess I'm just frustrated that since this is Ron's second tumor within 6 months, I want things done yesterday!!
I think I will call UW this week and ask them to let us know if there is a cancellation before Feb. 2.
Hanging on (just barely),
Lori

Lori, cg to H Ron, age 56.
Stage IV Oral SCC-T1N2. Tongue resected and right ND 8/05. Teeth removed, PORT, PEG, IMRT x33, Cisplatin x3. Tx ended 10/05.
Recurrence 7/08 Stage IV. Surgery 8/30/08.
2nd recur. 11/08. 2nd surgery 2/2/09.
3rd recur. 4/9/09. Erbitux wkly. 5/09-?
Ron died 6/6/09.
Lori also passed away 8/20/11, colon cancer