Hello Mare,
When reading these posts Keep in mind they may sound bad and scary but we all made it ok. The side effects of the treatments are tough and your dad will be facing challenges. Rember that he can get through. Most of the side effects happen graduly so that you can prepare as they happen, the radiation treatments themselves are quick and painless while they happen. The fitting for the mask was the worst part of the treatment process for me and that dosn't hurt either.

It will be hard for him to get enough nutrition and you can help alot with that. Start that right away, convince him to work at it. Get help with that if you need it. The fatigue that will likely happen is something you kind of have to plod through. pace yourselves and try to come up with little distractions to brighten the day, use humor if you can. try to eliminate as much other stress in both your lives as you can. don't wait to ask for help.
Keep us posted.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.