It's sad really that they are abused and it depends on what abused is. My mother has chronic pain and is on a patch for it. I have a lot of the same issues as my mom but do not take anything stronger. I am also concerned now more than ever that if I should not be feeling pain this far out of surgery what the heck is wrong. I have a very high pain tolerance and in my view have taken meds sparingly. Weather it is phantom pain or real I do not know and am very confused. If I am not supposed to be feeling much pain how come I am? Guess it is back to the doctors. I have sharp pains like pulling stitches and a burning feeling lower on both sides of my neck. Not like the sharp pains of nerves reconnecting. It is constant. I also have what seems to be pressure not in my ear but below both ears. Again Surgery or something else, or just my mind. This is all very confusing. I never really had any pain with the orginal cancer so nothing to compare with. Oh well as usual I will be told it is all in my head. lol...

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY