About 3 weeks ago I discovered yet another lump. This one was in the center of my neck and I immediately went to the doctor who arranged a needle biopsy and a cat scan. On Dec 3rd I found out that both of those were clear - no evidence of disease.

But, after 5 years and several false negative biopsies, my surgeon knows I will rest better if a better excision of the lump was done so he did that today.

Surgeon found evidence that it was what he expected - a suture granuloma. A piece of suture which my body has rejected and was building a wall around. He even found the piece of suture which was likely causing the problem. They will still send the tissue to the lab for testing but I do feel more assured - for now!

Imagine sutures still being rejected after a year?? Isn't that odd?? The irony of it of course is that I now have new sutures for my body to spit out!

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)