Update - The surgery has been rescheduled for January 5. It was supposed to be Dec.11 but the OR the doctors wanted wasn't available for the length of time needed. I got a call Fri. that it would be moved to Fri, Dec.12. I told the nurse that would not be good because it was too hard on the family. Sabbath starts at 4:44 and with the surgery starting at 7:30 AM and lasting at least 7 hours, my husband would have to sleep over in the hospital. There are several options of places for family to stay but he could not use elevators on the Sabbath and would have to go up and down stairs.
Maybe I will use the extra time finding a way to go up and down the stairs at home without putting weight on my leg.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF