I had my teeth removed over six years ago. My doctor told me that is what probably saved me from having the cancer infect my bones. The last few years before I had my teeth removed I was having severe trouble with my gums and would have had to have extensive work to save some of my teeth just to loose them soon after. It became a question of comfort and cost. A one time dentist appointment vs. root cannals, pulling drilling and fillings. After having them pulled I didn't have dentures for two years...Now all I can wear is my top dentures and am anxious to get my lower dentures back. It wasn't not having my teeth in that seemed to scare people it was the scar from the neck dissection, trach and skin graph. I was told in about six to eight months can check into new dentures and my doctor is sure they will be able to fit me.

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY