I've been reading these posts back and forth and not seen this mentioned at all yet.

When I started rad treatment, I was told to use absolutely nothing but pure aloe. Anything else would react with the radiation and make things worse. I could use something else on the weekends if I really wanted to, but I would need to make sure that it was completely cleaned off before Monday am treatment.

When I moved into the patient housing, one of the other paitients went out and bought me some the next day. Now this was over 2 years ago and things may have changed since then, but I never had a serious problem with the burning of my skin. It was just like a sunburn and very dry, but not anything I was very troubled with. I know we are all different, and with different skin types too, so maybe I was never destined for a hard time with it anyway, but I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Lani

SCC part glossectomy 3/06, recur 8/06 glossectomy, floor of mouth, part of jaw removed, RT/chemo thru 10/12/06, PET clear 7/08
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn"
Passed away 12/14/08