I have been following this web site for months, while my husband underwent treatment. During that time, I was too stressed and busy to register or post. I want to thank all who do post and answer questions. The info and support has been very helpful.

My husband is now 6 weeks post tx. He is improving but it is all still very difficult, especially the continuing mouth sores, swelling on one side, and thick mucus, alternating with dry mouth. Continues on PEG tube feedings (2 Cal). Recently increased oral diet from clear fluids to puree soups, etc.

Worrying about the enormity of permmanent change going forward, is starting to take it's toll on me, after remaining strong during tx. We have always been active - especially enjoyed extensive independent world travel. My husband was always healthy and strong. All his life he has exercised, ate well, and had a great optimistic nature. The gym work outs also provided a routine and social network in retirement. Needless to say, this was a tremendous shock, as I'm sure it is to all.

CT 10/20: clean, except for original affected lymph node (RO reports it is probable scar tissue). F/U PET scheduled 11/6

We are trying to adjust to the post tx period, after four months of concentrating on getting through side effects.
travelottie

CG to husband, dx @ age 65, nonsmoker/social drinker. Dx 5/08 SCC Stage IV, BOT T1N2aM0. 33 IMRT - completed 9/12/08. Induction Chemo (Cisplatin, Taxotere & 5FU), plus concurrent Cisplatin.
1/09 PEG removed; 5/09 neg PET/CT; 5/10 PET/CT NED
Dental extraction & HBOT 2013; ORN 2014; Debridement/Tissue Transfer & HBOT 2016