when I ask about a port, they said they would ran a tube thru the arm and into my chest, Is this the same as a port? they said if they put a port in the chest, that I would have to have surgery to put it in and take it out, that this was the easy way. Do they knock you out for this? is it painful, they said the vein in the arm is too small for chemo, so, are they going to make the vein bigger with a tube? if so will it damage the vein in the arm? I know I should have asked them but I was upset and crying, I wanted dates, I wanted to know when and what, and they were just trying to keep me quite. I got mad at one time walked out then went back, I knew I was going to break and needed a min. They were telling me that they couldn't give me a date for radiation, becauce I had to get a peg first, and the peg doc was booked till the 25th. before he could even talk to me about getting it, I ask why they hadn't set up the appointment before today, then she told me she was going to have to get the chemo ok thru the insurance and I asked her why she hadn't already done it. They have known for a month that I was going to get radiation and chemo, they were waiting for my mouth to heal. They are talking about waiting till mid. Oct. I just broke. They did tell me that there is two places in the neck, close to where the surgery, I just had in July. I asked if she miss some and he said it could be something else, I never get a good answer, now can they not know? I wish I could go somewhere else, but the closest is 48 miles away and it's the same doctors, they come up here once a week. Our cancer center is new, build here about 2 years ago. before that people had to drive the 48 miles. I ask for records and they made me sign a paper this time, and said it would take 3 or 4 days.....I sure hope things get better before I start, can't sleep worring about it and making myself sick.

cancer surgery on July 7th. 2008, I'm now a survivor. cancer free for now. 39 radiation, and 8 chemo treatments.