Well, I finished treatement back at the end of June. Thought all was going very well. I was doing all I was told to do. Eating at least something everyday to stimulate the tongue to regain my taste buds back. I was working in the garage refinishing some furniture and doing well. The last two weeks though have been bad. My tounge is swollen bad. The tumor is really swollen and so now is the lymph node. Went to see the R/O and he says He thinks the cancer did not respond to the treaments. He thinks the mucas membranes are now affected and may need surgery to clean it up in the back of the throat. I am on steriods to help with swelling, but the tumor is not responding to that well either. It feels like it did back in January when the whole mess started only worse pain now. It is as if we have pissed off the cancer and it is coming back tri-fold. I have to get a biopsy to confirm, but must wait on medicare or medicaid to kick in and get approved. My fear is that they will want to cut out half my tongue to rid the tumors and get clear margins. Life goes down from there I hear. How long can you go with only half a toungue? Or worse yet......no tongue? It gets tougher to keep that strong upper chin I tell ya!

Stage 4A SSC Left Tonsil, back of tongue and Lymph nodes on left side. Tonsil removed, Chemo and Radiation treatments completed on June 26, 2008.