My husband had surgery on March 18, 2008.He had 2/3 of his tongue removed.Base of tongue okay.tongue reconstructed by plastic surgeon. Total neck disection with 90 lymph nodes removed--5 were positive. 3 chemo treatments and 38 radiation were finished on July 7. He cannot even swallow a drop of water. He started swallowing therapy now that radiation is over. We live in a small town but Pittsburgh is where he had his surgery. We were told to make an appointment with a swallowing pathologist that deals only with oral cancer patients instead of going to just a regular speech therapist. Here are my concerns: My husband is now extremely depressed thinking that he will never ever be able to eat or drink again. His mouth is dry, no saliva. I need help from anyone who has been through this ordeal. He's been a real trooper since surgery, but now I see him getting very despondent. Please help me help him. Thank you so much.

Husband 2/3 tongue removed March 2008. Free flap. . Stage IV. Radiation and 3 chemo's (cisplatin,taxol & erbitux). .Pet scan Aug 08 showed mets to lungs .Oct 08, recurrence. - In the arms of Jesus, July 15, 2009