Wow I know how you people are feeling, I too had a misdiagnoisis from a urgent care clinic doctor told me it was an irritation from my dentures and gave me a mouth wash to cure it. It started to feel better so I figured that was the solution. My gut feeling didn't agree with what he was saying as it flaired up and seemed to get more tender and bigger. I visited my denturist who immediatly hooked me up with an oral surgeon. Everything has just been a blur since that appointment. Tests, biopsy and minor surgery to no I am being treated at the Cancer Center in London, Ontario. They seem confident they can cut it all out without having to have radiation. Surgery is set for 4-5 weeks pending a cat scan. I am to have a bi-lateral neck dissection and still am not sure what I am up against. Best of luck in your battle on every level.
Dianne

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY